Friday 23 May 2008

Cal.ligrafia (Chinese Calligraphy)

At Eina, I am currently studying Cal.ligrafia (Chinese Calligraphy) - it is a very interesting skill that requires a lot of self discipline. You have to learn breathing exercises as your breathing affects the way that you draw with the brush. There is a lot of history regarding this art and the philosophy behind it is crucial to the overall understanding.

We have learned how to draw 5 different lines and to combine them into characters - believe me this is harder than it sounds! My favourite part is making my own ink with my stone bowl and ink stick. I shall keep my progress updated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oohhh ooohhh ooh this is beautiful, studying Chinese brush work makes you begin to understand the link between you and your work.